PatchPedia:To Do List
This is the To Do List for PatchPedia:
Enable Image Uploads in config settings
Start the pages for all the Housing Information Centres
- Complete the list of quarter locations for each Housing Information Centre - example Shrivenham
- Change all wikilinks on Shrivenham page from [[..... SFA]] to [[..... Service Families Accommodation]].
- Put redirects from the [[..... SFA]] page to [[...... Service Families Accommodation]].
- Decide on naming convention when patch occurs at two levels (see below)!
- Sort out layout of Template:Infobox Housing Information Centre.
- Start Germany, Cyprus etc
I'm still trying to decide how to name HIC locations below the Housing Information Centres level. Many of these are the same as the town/area in which they are based but I think we should differentiate them from the actual town/area. Thus rather than calling something [[Shrivenham]] I prefer the idea of [[Shrivenham SFA]] or, even better, [[Shrivenham Service Families Accommodation]] (much more SEO friendly!). This would allow us to write details on the village of [[Shrivenham]] and the SFA on separate pages.
The only slight difficult is where a location (such as Shrivenham) has a collection of quarters some of which are actually at Shrivenham but others are at other locations (Watchfield SFA, etc). My preferred option would be to keep the [[Shrivenham Service Families Accommodation]] nomenclature for the lowest level and then come up with something else for the one above. My only problem is that I can't think of anything sensible! -- Bad CO 22:31, 7 March 2010 (UTC)